SAUFF is the South African Underwater Fishing Federation and is a Non-profit Organisation (078-558-NPO). It is the body which provides support and a united voice for all spear and crayfishers. SAUFF is not an organisation that promotes only competitive spearfishing, its primary focus is to grow the sport of underwater fishing at a development and club level as well as to protect the interests of our unique sport at a provincial and government level.
SAUFF is committed to promoting positive publicity for our sport and promoting environmental sustainability for future generations. SAUFF is your voice when it comes to your rights as a spear or crayfisher in SA and is concerned with administering all issues pertaining to the sport of underwater fishing.
SAUFF is committed to promoting positive publicity for our sport and environmental sustainability for future generations. SAUFF is your voice when it comes to your rights as a spear or crayfisher in SA and is concerned with administering all issues pertaining to the sport of underwater fishing.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Codes of conduct.
- Upholding the SAUFF constitution in line with the Sports and Recreation Act.
- Fund raising, sponsorship, government funding and grants.
- Attending meetings and workshop conferences which have an impact on underwater fishing.
- Input into environmental and conservation legislation affecting underwater fishing.
- Developing underwater fishing at grass roots and club levels.
- Improving the public’s image of spearfishing and crayfishing.
- Awarding of national colours for underwater fishing.
- Administering and managing the national spearfishing records database.
- Administering and overseeing all SA provincial and national spearfishing events as well as international events in which Protea Underwater Fishers compete.
SAUFF are members or associate members of the following organisations:
- South African Sport Anglers and Casting Confederation (SASACC) who in turn represent SAUFF at Sports and Recreation South Africa (SRSA) and South African Sports Council and Olympic Committee (SASCOC)
- South African Federation of Sport and Sea Anglers (SAFSSA)
- South African Underwater Sport Federation (SAUSF)
- World Underwater Federation and Underwater Fishing (CMAS)
- Boat Launch Site Advisory Group (BLSAG)
- The South African Wildlife Forum
- South African Marine Linefish Management Association