SAUFF AGM 2014 - AT DUC AT 17:00 ON 8TH DECEMBER 2014
SAUFF is the South African Underwater Fishing Federation and is a Nonprofit Organisation (078-558-NPO). It is the body which provides support and a united voice for all spear and crayfishers. SAUFF is not an organisation that promotes only competitive spearfishing, its primary focus is to grow the sport of underwater fishing at a development and club level as well as to protect the interests of our unique sport at a provincial and government level.
SAUFF is committed to promoting positive publicity for our sport and promoting environmental sustainability for future generations.SAUFF is your voice when it comes to your rights as a spear or crayfisher in SA and is concerned with administering all issues pertaining to the sport of underwater fishing.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Codes of conduct.
- Upholding the SAUFF constitution in line with the Sports and Recreation Act.
- Fund raising, sponsorship, government funding and grants.
- Attending meetings and workshop conferences which have an impact on underwater fishing.
- Input into environmental and conservation legislation affecting underwater fishing.
- Developing underwater fishing at grass roots and club levels.
- Improving the public’s image of spearfishing and crayfishing.
- Awarding of national colours for underwater fishing.
- Administering and managing the national spearfishing records database.
- Administering and overseeing all SA provincial and national spearfishing events as well as international events in which Protea Underwater Fishers compete.
SAUFF are members or associate members of the following organizations:·
South African Sport Anglers and Casting Confederation (SASACC) who in turn represent SAUFF at Sports and Recreation South Africa (SRSA) and South African Sports Council and Olympic Committee (SASCOC)
South African Federation of Sport and Sea Anglers (SAFSSA)
South African Underwater Sport Federation (SAUSF)
World Underwater Federation – Underwater Fishing – (CMAS)
Boat Launch Site Advisory Group (BLSAG)
The South African Wildlife Forum
South African Marine Linefish Management Association
Want to receive our e-mails?
Should you want to be added to our mailing list or if you are not receiving our emails please contact us on the contact us page under general enquiries.